Puerto Rico Workshop:
GEOSS Support for Decision-Making in the Coastal Zone: Managing and
Mitigating the Impacts of Human Activities and Natural Hazards in the
A workshop series organized by the GEO Coastal Zone Community of Practice
Earth Observation Support for Sustainable Tourism in Small Island States
March 9-11, 2011, Puerto Rico
A. GEO, CoPs, GOOS
- GEO entry page: provides material on the perticipants, organization, and work of GEO. The document library gives access to a number of documents including the 10-Year Implementation Plan for GEOSS, the Strategic Targets, and reports on achievements.
- 2010/11 CoP Brochure: provides an concise overview of the existing GEO Communities of Practice.
- CZCP: provides more background on the CZCP.
- IGOS-P Costal Zone Theme Report: gives an overview of Earth observation requirements for coastal zone management.
- IOCARIBE_GOOS: rationale for IOCARIBE-GOOS.
B. Sustainable Tourism in the Small Developing Island States
- Trends in Sustainable Development – Small Island Developing States
: 2010-2011: Issued in support of the five-year review of the Mauritius Strategy of Implementation for the sustainable development of SIDS, the report highlights the vulnerabilities of SIDS and recent trends in their sustainable development. The key areas covered by the report are:
It also provides a visual summary of progress made by SIDS in attaining the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), based on analysis performed by UNDP and ESCAP.
- climate change
- disaster management
- trade and finance
- natural resources
- social development
- Building a science-policy interface for ocean governance in the Wider Caribbean: several documents resulting from a workshop of Expert Consultation on Operationalization of the Caribbean Sea Commission of the Association of Caribbean States, which are relevant for the workshop.
- ACS-AEC Tourism:
Web page of the Expert Consultation on Operationalization of the Caribbean Sea Commission on sustainable tourism.
- ACS-AEC Natrual Disasters: Web page of the Expert Consultation on Operationalization of the Caribbean Sea Commission on natural disasters.
- 2nd Meeting of Ministers of Tourism of the Greater Caribbean: meeting documents included a number of valuable assessment reports.
Last edited 02 December 2016. In case of problems or comments concerning the CZCP Web Pages, mail to the web page administrator. This page is hosted by Tiwah UG, Germany.